Saturday, March 13, 2010

boxes

Practicing doesn't make for interesting blogging. I have been practicing (with variable diligence), but the technique I've been refining involves carefully placing millimeter lengths of hair in a particular pattern. Yeah... slow, tedious work, and terribly unconducive to blogging ("Here's the 1/2 inch long squiggle I made today!"...and the next day ...and the next day). So, I'm going to post about a new project. It isn't an art project (though it quite possibly could become a source of inspiration), but it's an interesting project.

Behold!
What is in the beheld boxes? Hundreds of old photos and negatives from my late grandma's house. I love looking at old photos. They carry a sense of mystery and nostalgia, even if I have no idea who the people are in the pictures. But the photos in these boxes directly relate to me. They are my family's mysteries; they are my mysteries, and I'm excited about exploring them.

No comments: